When somebody says that Annie Cresta is too unstable to be in a relationship…
The Seventieth Annual Hunger Games. Annie Cresta goes in unprepared for what she will face… Finnick Odair is also unprepared. Annie crept up on him, and this year he finds it more difficult than ever to sit by and watch the slaughter within the arena.
Sure, some people are mentally unstable enough to not be able to consent to sex. Having sex with them is rape.
ANNIE CRESTA AND FINNICK ODAIR’S RELATIONSHIP WAS IN NO WAY LIKE THAT.
Firstly, we only saw Annie through the eyes of Katniss who called her a ‘poor mad girl’ before she’d even met…
Just want to say how impressed with the Odesta fandom I was today.
Seriously, you guys. The way everyone just jumped in with their two cents. The way everybody backed everyone else up…
englishteaworshipper said it the other day, and it’s proven so true today. We all seem like a giant family.
I love this fandom.
And to that one person… It seems like we’ve all been like…
• Happy Winter Solstice •
The winter solstice occurs at a specific time, not just day. This year, at 12:11 p.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 21, the sun shone directly over the Tropic of Capricorn, the farthest south the sun reaches, leading to less light and colder temperatures in the north. In the Southern Hemisphere, it was the longest day of the year.
For many ancient civilizations that struggled to subsist through harsh winter months, the winter solstice marked a time of spiritual rejoice and celebration. People still celebrate the day with festivities and rituals, including a tradition of reading poetry and eating pomegranates in Iran, and the Guatemalan ritual known as polo voladore — or “flying pole dance” — in which three men climb to the top of a 50-foot-tall pole and perform a risky dance to flutes and drums.
[Information from Time and Discovery]
- Pianist: Alright, I should practice
- Piano: Sweet, man! Where should we start?
- Oboist: Alright, I should practice
- Oboe: Ugh I just don't feel like it, it's 5 degrees colder than yesterday and the humidity is going crazy this week, so none of your reeds work anymore? Also, if you want to play me at all you're going to have to warm me up under your arm first and even if you do, I'm still going to clog all my keys up with water just to piss you off. Plus, it turns out that yesterday when you set me down on the table wrong this mysterious key you didn't even really know existed got knocked very slightly out of adjustment, and now everything sounds like shit, so we'll have to get that fixed first
- Oboe: Also, ew, it's raining out...
- Oboe: Stars. Can't do it. Not today.
Every… single… day…
On the Third Day of The Hobbit, Tolkien gave to me: Three Elven Lords